Re: RE: [6pack] OD Conversion Notes Part 2

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [6pack] OD Conversion Notes Part 2
From: forzion@maine.rr.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:18:39 -0400
Stan;

My sympathies.

The seals I got with the TRF kit were not adhesive backed. Perhaps they
switched to those later on. I'm only now getting around to install
them. I suspect some silicone sealant would work well, too. I suspect
without a seal there'd be water seepage problems....  There really
ought to be an easier way to install the cover. Granted, British
Leyland didn't expect Triumph owners to be pulling their tranny covers
out every six months but, when you have to, you have to and they sure
could have made the installation design more user-friendly. It's only a
cover! To think you wrestled with yours "for several hours," just
underscores my point.... And Aaron's comment that installation
is "pretty near impossible" is also interesting considering that from a
guy who has the luxury of having the car on a lift! OK, I'm through
venting now!  :- )

Dave