RE: [6pack] OD Conversion Notes Part 2

To: stan.foster@hp.com (Foster, Stan)
Subject: RE: [6pack] OD Conversion Notes Part 2
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:00:12 -0700
 Stan---I, too, have one of the plastic? tunnels that I got a while
back. Never put it on, waiting for the next episode where removal of the
old cardboard tunnel is necessary. The old one has been duct taped at
several places, but from what I can gather, these original covers absorb
more heat and noise than some of the new space age ones. Also, I think
I'll put the flanges of the two back to back, to see where the holes
should be. The new cover has pre-drilled holes, so I'm hoping they'll
line up without having to "Hollywood" them.

Dick

From:
stan.foster@hp.com(Foster, Stan)

Dave, I bought the plastic tunnel and seals from TRF and installed them
last year. The seals were self adhesive with a peel off backing so I
stuck them to the floor pan, made holes as required and then fought with
the plastic tunnel for several hours until I coerced it into position.
It is all coming off again this winter when I take the motor out :-(
Stan
CF25194U/O/TBI