Re: [6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.

To: jsvannorman@gmail.com (John VanNorman), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:37:09 -0700
John---I recall that this washer, or clip, looks like a star washer, but
its diameters must be exact to do the job. I'd vote for the ZS
replacement part, as shown in the catalogue.
These washers can scratch the bore when tapping them into (and out of)
place, so oiling the bore before hand is good to do. (We don't want a
scratch where we want sealing to take place)

E-mail message
John V wrote:

.....Can someone confirm whether that spring clip is just a normal
external toothed washer with a diameter slightly larger than the
diameter of the air valve shaft? I remember it looking pretty much like
one when I rebuilt my carbs a year ago. If it just a normal external
toothed washer, I can just pick two up at the hardware store instead of
ordering them (i.e., save some cash).
For those of you playing along at home, I'm talking about item number
BA20 on page 73 of the blue TRF Catalog. Thanks!
John V.
1974 1/2 TR6