Re: [6pack] Searching for TR6 seat part

To: tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Searching for TR6 seat part
From: Patrick Bloem <patrick.bloem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:42:11 -0800 (PST)
>If anyone can help me locate the following part, to
fit the 1970-1972
 TR6 driver's seat, I'd be extremely grateful.

LH Seat seat-back support wire, lower wire, outer. TR6
1970-72 (the
>seat with fixed headrests)

Tom,
I had to make some of these for my TR250 this past
spring.  I used a wire that we use in building chairs
where I work. Some of these larger wires required two
piece fabrication where I welded the two pieces with
an overlap.  I bent the wires with heat in a small
fixture I made to hold the wire end or used the vise.
If you cannot find a suitable wire I could send you a
length. The proper wire that will hold it's shape is
an ASTM 407-93 type c that I used.  If you cannot find
a hardedned wire I could send you a piece. Contact me
off list.

Patrick Bloem

68 TR250
73TR6