Re: [6pack] audio power question

To: "lklotz.1@netzero.net" <lklotz.1@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] audio power question
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:25:08 +0000
Sixman,
I've got a '69 but I'm not sure which alternator. Probably the smallest. I've
had no problems with an audio amp installed. Unless you have a bunch of
aftermarket upgrades, I think there's not really a huge drain on the system
anyway.

Also, FWIW, at the time I convinced myself that if my speakers were hooked up
in Series (vs Parallel) then the power draw by my amp would be less. I'm no
expert and I don't remember my gooogle path at the time, but this site gives a
bunch of info on the subject.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

Anyway, I'm happy with my setup and the alternator isn't smoking. It is nice
to be able to hear music with the top down at speed.

Sloane :)
69-Six> Hi all,> I would like to upgrade my audio deck in my tr6. It has a
stock alternator.> I would like to put an amp in but I am afraid that the
electrical system will> be unable to handle it.> Has anyone had experience
doing this?> What is the amp output of the stock alternator?> > thanks for
your help> TRsixman>
Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.