Re: [6pack] Frame Rust Repairs

To: Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Frame Rust Repairs
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:27:30 -0800 (PST)
Darcy,

Not sure about the cables, but Vicky Brit's sale is
goin' on right now...might be a good time to replace??
 Though I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

Yeah, cut out the metal & weld steel in place.
Naturally easier if it's on a lift...YRMV.  The
t-shirt section...that's a potential "can 'o worms".
It may be perfectly fine under it & should you drive
it for years in dry weather, you may never have to
worry about it, but if you're like me, you may choose
to grind it off & see what's underneath.  You
MAY(notice i said MAY) have rust and even holes under
it.  If you're lucky, the rust will only be on the
bottom side.  Again, it may be nothing.

Todd

Be a better friend, newshound, and