Re: [6pack] Frame Rust Repairs

To: <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Frame Rust Repairs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:38:05 -0800
        Darcy:

        There are repair sections for the frame available from Rimmer
Brothers. From what you are describing that may be overkill, however.
        You can cut away one side of a frame rail and replace it with
some 16AWG steel. What you may find is that there is a lot more rot
internal to the frame member, in which case you can go ahead and replace
the whole frame section with a Rimmer brothers repair piece.
        Likewise for the T-shirt pressing. Grind the welds off around
the edges and remove the bottom pressing, you will have a lot better
idea of what if anything needs to be replaced after you get the pressing
off the frame.
        You should make a thorough assessment of the frame before
ordering anything from Rimmer, as shipping really chews you up in a
hurry. Better to combine all the bits into one order and be done with
it.

        Cheers,

        Vance