Re: [6pack] Parts washers

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Parts washers
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:38:55 -0700
John North wrote:
> Anyone use one of these stand-up types with the flexible hose?
> Normally I use a plastic bucket and kerosene, but I'm thinking about
> buying something like this:
>
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=7340
>
> The manuals say not to use kerosene or other flammables, but the store
> clerk said mineral spirits is OK.   Not sure that mineral spirits is
> any less flammable than kerosene - anyone know better?
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> John North

John,
I bought the 20 gallon parts washer when it was on sale for $49.95.  I
did not like the shelf , the 20 gallons of degreaser and the pump taking
up room inside the tub.  So I went to the hardware store, bought a
standard sink drain, a 5 gallon plastic tub, a drain valve, and put the
pump and degreaser all in the tub on the storage shelf under the tub.
So no storage of degreaser in the tub, no shelf to get in the way.
The inside paint will be gone in a few months of use.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)