Re: [6pack] U-joint removal, last trick in my book

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>, Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] U-joint removal, last trick in my book
From: Ed Bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:50:25 -0600
John:

When faced with an impossible task--use penetrating oil.  Use real
penetrating oil, not cheap junk solvent sprays.  Just apply two drops.  Let
it sit for half a day.  Apply two more drops.  Repeat morning and evening.
Then use the two sockets and a vise method.  I learned this from Bob, ( he
said for 10 days) an  "old car restorer".  It should work, but is not fully
guaranteed.  It worked for my brother on his MGB.

Heating it may have been a bad thing to do.   Heat can bake the grease into
hard stuff.

Ed Bratt
Regina, Saskatchewan
1976 TR6