Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, lajomor05@msn.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:54:35 EST
In a message dated 2/27/2008 4:41:28 PM Central Standard Time,
lang@isis.mit.edu writes:

> The problem with using metal in that are is that the body twists
> underloads and I've had to resort to steel rivets to hold the panel in
> because the aluminum rivs kepts shearing off... you  know, chuck the car
> into a corner and then a boing noise coming from behind you. Not exactly
> confidence inspiring.

Wow Bobsta!   I have never heard any 'boings' in my 3/16" aluminum rivets.
Maybe it is because of my roll cage design. I have two legs planted on each of
my wheel well intrusions.

BTW, I had a TR250 follow me home. It has a roll bar that could be recycled
into another TR4/TR250/TR6....if I can ever plow through the snow long enough
to dismantle it.

Buried in Iowa   </HTML>