Re: [6pack] Idle increases to 2000 rpm

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>, Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Idle increases to 2000 rpm
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:23:24 -0400
Hi John:

Have you checked that the spring weights in the distributor are not rusty,
stuck with gunk or just weak. It sounds like the timing is staying too
advanced. When you force the engine down to low speed, the weights come in and
the timing retards as per normal, but without that external slowdown, the
setup is just floating.

Mark Hooper