[6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question
From: "Bill Wellbaum" <wcwellbaum@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 06:02:20 -0800
My Brake Servo is starting to make some sort of clicking noise when the brake
pedal is depressed and released.  Does this mean it is on its way out?  What
are the typical signs that the servo needs rebuilt/replaced?  Can I get a
recommendation on who to send it off to for a rebuild?  Apple Hydraulics?
(Yes, this has been covered numerous times before--but I didn't save the
information)

Second question:  I just replaced the master cylinder with a new unit from
Moss.  I now find a little puddle of brake fluid on top of the reservoir cap
after a drive.  I've taken to putting a small paper towel "diaper" tied to the
cap until I find a remedy.  When I pump the brake pedal I notice the fluid
"spurts" against the reservoir cap.  What would cause this?

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas
baclv.org

6pack@autox.team.net