Re: [6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question
From: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 19:42:24 -0500
<snip> I didn't have any signs (or recognize any) until I saw fluid on the
carpet
under the steering column. The servo was leaking and dripping inside the
cabin. <snip>

Hi Dennis-

For the servo to leak into your car, the master cylinder has to be leaning
by, the servo has to be full of brake fluid and the diaphragm has to be
shot.  Then brake fluid will leak out of the servo on to your foot inside
the car.  The most common source of fluid leakage into the cockpit is the
clutch master cylinder. The seals will fail and beake fluid will drip out
onto your sneaker and eat the paint off. Ask me how I know?

These guys are quality rebuilders of the TR6 brake servos.

Brake Materials and Parts Inc.
800 Sherman Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN
46808-2877
(260) 426-3331

These guys will blast, paint and rebuild your servo for far less money than
a new one could cost.
They can also access all the parts that are not included on the rebuild kits
from the parts houses.

Regards,
John Cyg.
CC59527LO