Re: [6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question

To: "'Bill Wellbaum'" <wcwellbaum@cox.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR-6 Brake Servo Question
From: "Vance Navarrette" <v.navarrette@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:37:28 -0800
        Bill:

        You have some air in your system. When you depress the pedal,
the air compresses, when you release the peddle the air expands sharply
enough (like a spring that is suddenly released) to push the brake fluid
up against the cap.
        If your brake pedal seems firm, I would guess that the air is in
your rear brake lines, where it has little effect on pedal feel. The
front brakes do the lions share of the work, so air in the back brake
lines has a commensurately smaller impact on performance and feel.

        Vance