Re: [6pack] Dashboards

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Dashboards
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:08:42 -0500
On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 03:18:43 pm Corbitt, Michael wrote:
> I am looking to replace the tired dashboard in my 69 TR6.  I'm attracted to
> the look of some aftermarket dashboards that might go well with my
> Moto-Lita steering wheel.
>
> I see Prestige, C&G Woodcraft and a gentleman in NC (Frank Lawson) who
> produces these.   Are there others besides the big three worth having a
> look?
>
> I would value feedback from those of you who have gone this route ... who
> did you chose and have you been happy with your choice?   Also, what's
> your general assessment on hardwood verses laminate?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike
> Corvallis, OR

Mike,

I decided to get the dash for my 72 project from C&G. It is a laminate in burl
elm. Looks real nice with the moto lita wood steering wheel. Fit was perfect.
The only reason I went with C&G was they are closer than Prestige. I am
guessing the quality is about the same.

Satisfied customer for sure.

Bob

6pack@autox.team.net