Re: Gearbox Identification

To: "Joe Robson" <absjmr@bath.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Gearbox Identification
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:09:33 -0700
And one way of telling them apart if they are on the ground is that a
non-synch trans will have a bulge in the cast iron that includes the filler
plug. A fully synch trans will have the side of the box with the filler plug
pretty much flat from top to bottom. Any ratios would have to be worked out
by spinning the input shaft in each gear and counting the revs on the rear.
Lou