Re: Pressurizing Oil system

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressurizing Oil system
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:02:14 -0500
 The only way I can think to do this is to buy an Accumulator made by
Moroso. Which is a can that holds oil and is plumbed into one of the oil
galley holes. You would then use a air hose to pressurize, or at least
that is how I understand it to work. I bought one to use on my car and
gave up due to no space to mount the thing. No way to spin the pump and
not turn over the engine and the engines usually take a while after the
start to build up good oil pressure always scares me sitting there
watching the gauge when firing a new engine no oil pressure for 30 or 40
seconds.... 16 years is a long time but I have seen these engines fire
up with no problems after sitting a long time.  Guess you could pull the
plugs and spin it until you get oil pressure might be easier on the
bearings not to have compression. I would also worry about the cam and
it could wipe a lobe pretty quick. Short of the oil accumulator or
dropping the pan and putting assembly lube on the crank I would drain
the oil pop the valve cover and pour the fresh oil over the rockers and
along the lifters and cam light it off and hope for the best. Let us
know what happens.   Jim E