SV: Torque or not more torque

To: alpine autox <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: Torque or not more torque
From: KKJ <kkj@privat.utfors.se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:30:20 +0200
What I meant was: This is not a racing engine, it's more torque then you would
imagine.
Remember that the Hunter GLS or Rapier H120 engine is a detuned engine. The
original (around 125bhp) was considered to "extreme" in the eyes of the Rootes
people. Holbay had to make it "civilised" but still with some power.
I think they managed quite well.  I had a Newman cam in my Rapier that gave
real power from 4000 rpm but still not more then 100 bhp. Fun the beginning,
yes, but in the long run I felt it must be better ways to have power.

Kristian J