autox-cm

Cold weather question

To: Autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Cold weather question
From: The Fortinis <lbracing@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:45:26 -0800 (PST)
(Texas contingent need not respond... ;->)

To those of you who currently have snow outside your window (or the
potential for snow), I was wondering: How often (if at all) do you fire up
your cars during the off-season?

Is it better to just let it "sit" rather than risk damage by starting a cold
engine in cold weather, or is it better to run it awhile now and then (like
I did for our previous Stock-class autocross-only car)?

Any advice/methodology would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ross/Paula Fortini
1988 Van Diemen

(First registrants for the Meridian Nat'l Tour event...can you tell I wanna
drive this thing *really* bad?)