Re: Harnesses

To: schenker@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Harnesses
From: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 00:34:27 +0000
> From:          "William Schenker" <schenker@mediaone.net>

> I'm about to go the 5-point harness route

SNIP!

> Bill Schenker
> Cal Club #36 csp
> '99 Miata

     Are you planning to install a roll bar >2" taller than the top
of your helmet?  IIRC, that's what is required to run a non-factory
upper-body restraint in an open car like a Miata.  My rulebook is
packed right now so I can't get the exact rule.
     Unless you are about 5' 2" tall, you can't get a roll bar under
the soft top and get it to pass the >2" rule.  Please understand the
rule before spending the money.  I don't want you to get hurt.  Sh!t
happens in autox.  I know that all too well.  Miatas can roll.  :-(
     There are at least two tricks to get the factory seat belt to
restrain just fine.  Let me know and I'll tell you my trick.

Four autoxes in five Oct. weekends.  Woohoo!!!

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@phoenix.net    http://www.phoenix.net/~mikelowe
'96 Miata R (B Stock autocrosser)
'94 Miata Turbo (E Modified fun car -- power corrupts!)