Re: lotus 7 class

To: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Subject: Re: lotus 7 class
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:46:38 -0500
this particular driver had asked me about classing earlier in the week.
I pointed him towards the SCCA site with the excerpts of car classing
from the 1999 solo rulebook.  additionally, I also gave him my best guess
with my very limited knowledge of Loti and mod cars.  We both concluded
the car fit no where but D-mod due to his engine and carburetion
configuration.

as for tires.....when he registered, he stated he would be competeing on
*street tires* but I later saw the Yoko A008Rs that were on the car.  I
suppose he was believing the only real race tires are slicks.

if you can class the car better than in D-mod, please help.

"I have a 1962 Lotus 7, with 1600 crossflow engine, 2 weber carbs, and
yoko A008 tires (185/60-13). "

Dave Yeung
Houston Region Chief of Registration for Solo