Re: Harnesses

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Joshua Hadler" <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Harnesses
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 00:31:57 -0500
From: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>

>Last time I bought a new car (10 years ago) the one item that decided us on
>buying a Ford -- a Mercury, actually -- was that it was the only marque
sold
>here that came with a lap belt that locked down positively.

Yeah, my Escort was a crappy car all round, but it did have solid lap belt.

I just bought a 1992 Saturn SL2.  A seriously nice car.  Even my
German-car-driving buddy says so.  It has mouse belts.   The upside of that
is that the lap belt locks solid instead of being on an inertia reel.  I
really like that.  Keeps me from sliding around on the leather seat.  It
also passed the Fed standards so that the leather steering wheel sports a
nice cloisonne emblem and a cruise control instead of one of those %&%$# air
bags.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (for sale!), Saturn, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/