Re: kumho crack - owner

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: kumho crack - owner
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:50:09 -0400
<<<Tire Pressures: 46 Front 36 Rear>>>

So much for low pressure!

<<<Situation: I entered a left hand sweeper and heard a loud
bang/scraping
sound.  I brought the car to a halt and took a look. Turns out that
around
3/4 of the inner sidewall, (passenger side), the tread had separated
from
the carcass.  Exposing the cords but allowing the tire to hold air.
(THANK
GOD!)  Had the tire lost air, I bet I would have rolled the car.>>>

This sounds like a manufacturing defect. This is not the same as the
sidewall cracking that I have seen. I don't even think it is the
delamination problem but it may be. I'd retain an attorney. ;-)

Paul Foster

BTW, your inside tire is not doing much but going along for the ride. I
doubt you would have rolled. OTOH, if it had been the _outside_ tire...