Re: Supplemental Restraints for Small People

To: Crooke John <crooke_john@bah.com>
Subject: Re: Supplemental Restraints for Small People
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:34:15 -0500
John,

Why not just go out and buy some webbing or cannibalize a shoulder
strap from the junkyard - cut it to the length you need - melt the
ends with a cigarette lighter so they don't fray - then sew some
Velcro onto it - and make your own?!?  Then secure it around the seat
just below the driver's b**bs?!?!?  After all, it's not your mid
section that you want to secure to the seat as much as it is your
upper body.  The lap belt should keep the lower part of the body
fairly well in place.  Dick Turner sold a similar strap for years for
far more than it would cost to make your own.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman