RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car (ESP)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car (ESP)
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:25:50 -0400

>I guess that you didn't see my posting (10/5/99-8:44 AM) reply to Josh Hadler.
>I agreed with him, and will agree with you that selling price doesn't
>accurately reflect the total investment that Schotz, Strano, etc. have in
>their car. I will also still disagree with you on your blanket comment that
>"ESP is a $50k class".

$50k cars? It feels nice to think that you have a car that belongs to this
class, but I also don't believe that you need to spend that much. My car managed
to get a trophy this year in ESP and I don't have more than 3K worth of the
parts in that car. So, that would make it to fit in the 10k-15k dollars class
much more than $50k.

Although, my bill for the next season looks pretty close to $10k for the basic
things that I have in mind and some others that I am force to do (thanks to
those that ruled out backdating turbochargers). So, if you would have to do all
the development your self (especially using trial/error method), dollar amount
would go high pretty fast.

So, to build one (or to better say, copy of the known good car), it should not
cost that much. If you have to start from almost nothing, than we might get
close to those high numbers mentioned above.

Have fun!

Mr. DSM
95 AWD
#34 ESP