RE: SWAY BARS????

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: RE: SWAY BARS????
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:50:01 -0400

> the kits start at well over the $2K mark and that's a little rich for my
> blood considering I could buy a whole Dodge Omni GLHS turbo and make it go
> even faster for that same amount of money.

Yeah, but then you wouldn't be the fastest Neon at Nationals next year.

Imagine that, Eric. The Fastest Neon at Nationals. Faster even than Gazoo...

(shhh! No comments from the peanut gallery!)

>>> I would like to run in a class that will at least be recognized at the
>>> 2000 Nats though.

>> Well, that depends entirely on member feedback and demand. A well-subscribed
>> STU class could be made "official" by Nats2K if enough people asked for it.

> I think ST will have a hard enough time being "recognized" next year, let
> alone the STR and STU classes.

I dunno, I think ST is there already. They had 20 cars this year - although I've
heard rumours that ST-at-Nationals is going to be replaced with STR.

If true, then that would mean STR is an "official" class as of Nats2k and STU
may be a "demo" class.

Best way to ensure either class is there is to run in it, and ask for it. The
more people who do, the more likely we are to get it.

>> Imagine Mustang Cobra IRS owners quaking in fear at your approach...

>> Nice, huh?

> Neons can already, with a few modest mods,
> keep up with the Stangs as long as there are plenty of corners on the
> playing field.

...but an STU Neon could whup them on a dragstrip too...

> I want it Dennis, I just don't want to have to pay for it.  ;^)

So go rob a bank. Or better yet, hit Hahn up to sponsor your car.

The best way to racing is with other people's money. :)

> I tell you this though, if STR ever becomes a "real" class, I'll run there
> for sure.

STR/STU are as "real" as they need to be. They're part of ProSolo, they're part
of National Tours, and getting them onto the roster of your Region shouldn't be
an issue. The only unresolved bit of their "reality" is Nationals themselves -
and if ST can be put on the roster at the last second in '99, then surely some
well motivated folks could ensure STR/STU are on the roster for Nats2k.

> Then we race together.  We can ride forever
> Wrapped in horsepower, driving into fury Changing gear
> I pull you tighter to me.
> I'm your turbo lover.  Tell me there's no other.
> I'm your turbo lover.  Better run for cover

This song sounds SO much nicer on the car stereo with a spooling turbo as
counterpoint. :)

Say it with me Eric: "Whooooooshhhhh!"

Doesn't that feel nice?

DG