Re: SWAY BARS????

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SWAY BARS????
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:13:26 EDT
Eric Linnhoff writes:

> $800 worth of sway bars?  That's nothing compared to what some guys spend on
>  super duper fancy custom one pound aluminum/titanium quad adjustable
>  re-valved de-gassed shocks or struts.

Geez, I can't believe I'm responding to Linnhoff!  :-)  I have a problem with
those shocks, too, just don't know how to write a rule to allow KYB
Gas-A-Just, or Tokico Blues, and prohibit the super expensive shocks...

>  And what does the trailering of Stock
>  Class cars have to do with anything??  Sure it's against the "spirit" of
the
>  Stock Class but there aren't any rules prohibiting it.  What happens if you
>  drive 500+ miles to an event and your front hub or spindle breaks on a
>  Saturday afternoon?  The dealerships and parts stores are closed for the
>  weekend and now you have no ride back home or transportation once you get
>  there.

I'm saying that you don't have to trailer a stocker now, but you could build
swaybars that would render the car unstreetable.  That's all...

CHD