event wheels??

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: event wheels??
From: Gcrash <gchappel@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:44:22 -0400
I am looking to get a set of event wheels for my 85 porsche carrera-
to be used mostly for autox, but some DE or track events.
My street wheels are 7 and 8x16.
The autoX guys around here are recommending 7x15 inch wheels all
around, I think I understand the rational here- lower, lighter, better
acceleration- top speed not an issue on these coarses.  Do you agree??
Question they haven't answered- can they also be used on the track, or
would I be better off with 16's for those events??
Thanks for any input, I can only buy one set of wheels and competition
rubber.
Thanks a lot
gary