Different slant on Sway-Bars

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Different slant on Sway-Bars
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:16:59 -0400
I've noticed that the top contenders in the FWD crowd have been resorting
to custom valved shocks costing $600 to $1000 apiece. These same
$$$$$$$$$  shocks need to be rebuilt on a fairly regular basis. Perhaps
allowing free swaybars on both ends of all stock classed cars would help
alleviate this huge expense.

My understanding is that these expensive shocks are used to compensate
for the low spring rates found on stock cars. Allowing any swaybar front
or rear would give the owner a much less expensive means for
accomplishing the same goal.

Just a discussion point as I truly DO NOT have a dog in this fight.

Flame away, all you status quo lovers!

Ben Thatcher