RE: Miata option questions

To: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Subject: RE: Miata option questions
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:58:03 -0700
At 03:12 PM 10/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>As far as the sport/non-sport - the 14's would be an advantage, although
>with the 4.3 rear end, the gearing is almost _too_ short with the 14's (Gary
>Thomason ran a San Diego members non-sport model at the San Diego Tour and
>had to shift more than the rest of us - including Sport models.)
>
>My suggestion - get the sport and if you get a good deal on a '99 w/ps, all
>the better.  Put a larger front sway bar on, get an alignment and have fun.

FYI it appears from what I have seen on Edmunds.com that the '99 base ("L")
model can be ordered with a Torsen LSD without having to order the whole
Sport Package with the 15" wheels and Bilstein shocks. This way you could
use the Konis without shimming and get the 14" wheels to boot. It's also
cheaper BTW. *However* there is no gaurantee that Mazda will actually build
any cars in that configuration but at least that will allow "L" model
owners to add the LSD if they would like.

- Alan Dahl

'99 Miata Sport
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                  | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA       | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com