Re: Sway Bars

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sway Bars
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:37:15 -0400
> And how much of that stress can you attribute to the sway bar and not
> the tires?

Seems to me a sway bar can be as stiff as you want, but its effectiveness is
very dependent on your tires.  A car with stiff bars (front, back, or both)
may stick to the ground like glue on Kumhos yet slide all over the place
nearly uncontrollably on, say, Goodyear Invictas. :)  The size of the sway
bar determines the potential, but the stickiness of the tire determines how
much of that potential can actually be utilized while retaining traction.

> And NO. I'm not starting another blasted street tire debate again...

Not my intention either - I'll only say that it's yet another reason I
personally choose ST (can't afford an extra set of wheels yet).

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus"
      83 320i "Igor"