Re: Question: Physics of Slaloms

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question: Physics of Slaloms
From: Stan Whitney <dp25sdw@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
Byron Short has mathematically figured it all out,
including the snap change in lateral acceleration
between cones, measured via G-analyst.

Narrow car - faster  (elapsed time)

Close to cones - faster (on the order of .0 to .2 per
cone per foot of additional distance)

Faster 'snap' speed - faster (elapsed time)

There was also something about all cars go frome cone
to cone at the same speed or in the same amount of
time, but it's a little foggy right now.

Some of this was in NAP, some was on the net.

South course this year would have been a good test of
this!

Stan Whitney

=====