Re: Electric WInch for trailer

To: jack@cocoinc.com
Subject: Re: Electric WInch for trailer
From: LTImbeau@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:38:53 EDT
Hey Jack. I thought I saw you paddling the Spitfire on the 11:00 news the
other night. I'm sure the Spit had holes in the floorboards to let the
northwest water out though, you must have patched them. We were in Orlando
over the weekend for business and of course most of the news was about the
water in Hollywood. I hope you survived. The storm missed us by 30 miles or
so. We just got home after 9 hours on Northwest Airlines finest and three
hours of time difference (easier going west than east, I was getting up at
3:00 PT to attend seminars for two days)

As far as the wiring goes I used the long slightly heavy (and fused just off
the battery) wire from the truck battery to a plug on the bumper, then on to
the wench and had no trouble pulling the Spitfire up a tilting trailer. I
suspect that a battery on the trailer would do as well, though you would have
to put up with charging the thing every so often whereas the truck battery
will stay charged.

Good luck

Larry Imbeau