Re: Sway Bars (more!)

To: Russ Bowlus <rcbowlus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sway Bars (more!)
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:41:29 -0700
Russ Bowlus wrote:

> Scott Meyers writes:
>
> >Note - It seems that we should specify (if and when
> >this ever happens) that "one end or the other" can be
> >*changed*, but that a rear bar may not be added when
> a >factory one does not *exist*. Or that may have been
> >thought of already.
>
> Then what's the point?  You've now created a rule that
> excludes all of us whose cars only came with a front
> bar.  A good part of your target group...

I thought I read from original posts "*change* one end or the other".
That was different than "or add to an end without".

So, I could be wrong. I thought that the original intent was that, but
if this addresses an area that would accomplish the goal - of adding
more competitive cars to the 'preferred' list - then not a problem.

Again, I would only favor the sway bar rule modification if it is highly
likey that it would create a few more competitive cars within existing
class structures. If it would cause the sky to fall, then not worth it.
Say, was that a raindrop I felt..........?

Otherwise, I see no point.

Onward  :-)

Scott Meyers