Re: lower cost improvements

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lower cost improvements
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:56:33 EDT
I did Magnecore wires, new spark plugs(not platinum), and rebuilt injectors
at the same time.  The flow printout did not show a significant improvement
in flow overall, but did show an improvement in the balance between the
injectors.  Overall, the engine ran much smoother, particularly at high RPM,
but I doubt there was a significant increase in power.
      I have found many "performance" wires don't provide the improvements
over stock to be worth their expense.  I can buy  sets of stock wires for the
price of Nology Wires.  So far I can't complain about the Magnecore's, but
they only have about 250 miles on them.   For a high mileage car I think
cleaning and blueprinting the injectors is worthwhile, (appx $25/ea at Marren
Motorsports),  but you probably find more power elsewhere.