Re: Sway Bars (more!)

To: solo2@uswest.net
Subject: Re: Sway Bars (more!)
From: Russ Bowlus <rcbowlus@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net> wrote:
> Russ Bowlus wrote:
> >
> > Scott Meyers writes:
> >
> > >Note - It seems that we should specify (if and
> when
> > >this ever happens) that "one end or the other"
> can be
> > >*changed*, but that a rear bar may not be added
> when
> > a >factory one does not *exist*. Or that may have
> been
> > >thought of already.
> >
> > Then what's the point?  You've now created a rule
> that
> > excludes all of us whose cars only came with a
> front
> > bar.  A good part of your target group...
>
> I thought I read from original posts "*change* one
> end or the other".
> That was different than "or add to an end without".

I think the problem may be that "change" is the
catch-all term for everything you can do to the front
bar already.  If the original intent is "change 'em if
you got 'em," then I don't think the rule change (!)
would be worth much for the reasons previously stated
(why give a Type R [or 1LE, for that matter] one more
thing to make it faster? :)

"Re-lurking,"
Russ

Soon to be HS Civic EX