Re: Novice advice (a short novel)

To: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Novice advice (a short novel)
From: "Mike Healy" <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:56:35 -0500
John Crooke said:

>Quite a few newbies have come out of the woodworks and asked about what
>mods they could do to make them faster.

<Nice post snipped to save space>

I'm one of the newbies of which you speak. I messed with my car before I
really got into autoxing, but that's neither here nor there - I'm stuck with
what I did!.

Meat of post:

When I'm driving on course, my tires are always "talking" to me. Should I be
striving for near silence? When going around tight 180+ degree turns, my
front-heavy front-driver is almost always plowing, and my SP9000's are
letting me know it! I have often wondered if I shouldn't take the turns
slower & tighter, and your post seems to advise this. Is this what veterans
mean when they say "slower is faster"?

Mike Healy