Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:45:56 -0400
At 06:02 PM 10/28/99 -0700, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

>I want to know how everyone felt about the Pro Solo Graphics packages in
1999.
>I know some had a fundamental problem with haveing 'mandatory' stickers
packages
>but I am really looking for more feedback on the design, placement, color
>choices etc.

It turned out to be not *so* bad (in ways).  I liked the numbers, really
hate the extremely LARGE ProSolo decal on the doors.  The door stips were
okay, although like others I wish they would have all been the same size.
HATED the "Touring car" names on the cars.  It's not like we're on TV and
the audience needs to know who's drivin'.......  We pretty much know.  But,
most of all I had an extremely bad taste left in my mouth from the first
couple of Pro's in which "proper" sticker placement was so important that
some people (who will remane nameless) had fits.  In one instance said
person complimented Matt Braun for proper placement on his Corvette, then
in impound had a fit because they looked terrible.  Go figure......

>Do you feel like it added to Pro Solo or took away?  How would you change it?

Ditch the ugly ProSolo door things.  Always thought the ProSeries and
NationalSeries stickers were redundant as the cars class letters indicated
the class.  And for those cars that run both classes it looked goofy to
have both.

IMHO of course.

Sam