Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback
From: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:44:34 -0500
A) Number location and size could be mandated, but size and color would be
up to the car owner. (like NASCAR)

B) Mandatory stickers should be placed in one area (like NASCAR) BUT,
participants should know clearly what they are getting or able to get for
providing the advertising space.  What did the Racing Electronics stickers
do for anyone?  Why do we have to run a SCCA sticker?  We know where we are.
 They want to make us look pro, but pro organizations like CART and NASCAR,
do not have cars that say "CART" on the side.

I think the idea was valid, but maybe not executed so well. We need to
remember that right or wrong, it was an attempt by the SCCA to make things
better.   What would cure all this would be Pro money in Pro. If the SCCA
cannot do it, as members we need to work together to get a Fortune 500
company to sponsor this thing. I'll drive the "Depends" car if it means we
have a better sport.