Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:35:35 EDT
Andy Bettencourt writes:

<<  I want to know how everyone felt about the Pro Solo Graphics packages in
1999.
 I know some had a fundamental problem with haveing 'mandatory' stickers
packages
 but I am really looking for more feedback on the design, placement, color
 choices etc.

 Do you feel like it added to Pro Solo or took away?  How would you change
it?  >>

I think the idea was great, but the execution was at the same time heavy
handed and inconsistent.  The specific way the decals were supposed to be
displayed was pretty tough to do on some of the smaller cars, and to what
end?  Then, after you undertake a lot of effort to make it work, you find
that others aren't required to do it per the rules.

If it was broken down a little more loosely, such as "car numbers and class
letters must be on the (front) doors" and "required series sponsor decals
must be in front of number and class letters" would suffice, wouldn't they?

CHD