Re: Superspeedways

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Superspeedways
From: "kart38" <kart38@home.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:19:16 -0600
I don't believe for a second that it is the fault of people building the
superspeedways.  I believe it is the fault of bad luck.  There is no good
way to hit a wall with the top of a car (any car!) but  in an open cockpit
car it is just that much worse.  This is a bad example but there is a
go-kart street race near where I live and at least two people have died in
it (drivers).  At the point on the track were one of them was killed they
are only doing 60 (he ended up getting hit causing him to flip into a light
pole and a store front window.  After going through a catch fence, by the
way.)  Just a defense for superspeedways.

Jason

>TwoHarvs@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> What can you say, a sad day in CART history. I commend CART, ABC and the
>> commentators on the way they handled the coverage of the tradgy.
Respectful