Re: Superspeedways

To: hottvr@tfs.net, Mdmtrsport@aol.com
Subject: Re: Superspeedways
From: MBD96@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:06:49 EST
In a message dated 11/1/99 12:29:19 PM Central Standard Time, hottvr@tfs.net
writes:

<< I thought the same thing. It seems to me that the problem occurred when the
 car got airborne. It had a lot of room to get crazy before the final impact.
 I though there should have been some kind of barrier before the wall.
 Blocks of styrofoam would have helped, maybe?

It was also pointed out in the broadcast that drivers, like Greg was alleged
to do in this case, go to full throttle in an attempt to 'catch' the car as
the back end begins to break loose.  If this is true I wonder if the crash
would have been anywhere near as severe if he had simply locked the brakes
down?

And Mike makes a good point here about the Styrofoam.  I have no idea whether
it would have helped, but I would say that it sure wouldn't have hurt the
situation anymore than that concrete wall did.

Bruce Dickey