Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: Pro Solo graphics feedback
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:14:20 -0500
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:
> I want to know how everyone felt about the Pro Solo Graphics packages
> in 1999.  I know some had a fundamental problem with haveing
> 'mandatory' stickers packages but I am really looking for more
> feedback on the design, placement, color choices etc.

I understand why it happened, but the numbers were less than the 8"
tall, 1.25" stroke required by the Solo II Rules.  That's because some
of the cars in the Pro classes supposedly couldn't fit 8" tall numbers
(which ones?)  I think they ought to meet the Solo II rules.  At the
very least, if there are Pro class cars that can't fit 8" numbers (which
I'm not sure I believe), they need to be revisited every year as the
list of cars changes (are there even going to be Pro classes in 2000?)

I think the package should have come with some guidelines about color
choice, and examples of good contrast and poor contrast.  Alternately,
the package should offer "meatballs" (circles or rectangles making up
the background).

Mark