Rules Questions

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rules Questions
From: Patrick Maddy <pmaddy@issiinc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:39:08 -0500
Hi everyone,

        Out of lurk mode to ask a couple of rules clarifications. I am
getting a 2000 Type R Integra next month and my dealer has informed me that
there are some performance parts from Comptech available as Dealer Installed
Options this year. The way I have understood this is that Acura is selling
these parts the same way that Toyota sells TRD parts, i.e. still covered
under factory warranty, and financeable (is that a word?) with the car. This
leads to my first question: Would these parts be considered the same a
"trunk kit" or other standard option, and therefore be legal in stock class?
I don't think so, but many of you know more than me, so I thought I's see if
I can get away with it. :-)

        My second question concerns ST. In the rules it says that
aftermarket ECU's or chip upgrades are legal. Does this include items such
as VTEC controllers that interface with the ECU?

        I am asking about two seperate classes because I haven't figured out
where I want to run next year, and feedback on these two questions will help
with that decision.

Thanks In Advance,
Patrick Maddy
Formerly 92 Prelude Si