Re: Rules Questions

To: "Patrick Maddy" <pmaddy@issiinc.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rules Questions
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:57:36 -0600
Patrick Maddy asks:

>The way I have understood this is that Acura is selling
>these parts the same way that Toyota sells TRD parts, i.e. still
covered
>under factory warranty, and financeable (is that a word?) with
the car.

That isn't relevant to Stock Category legality in Solo II

> This
>leads to my first question: Would these parts be considered the
same a
>"trunk kit" or other standard option, and therefore be legal in
stock class?

Trunk kits are specifically NOT legal in Stock. See the rule
book. Nor are dealer-installed accessories or options, unless
installed response to a "factory service directive" a la the
recently-bemoaned Audi TT recall stuff.

> My second question concerns ST. In the rules it says that
>aftermarket ECU's or chip upgrades are legal. Does this include
items such
>as VTEC controllers that interface with the ECU?

Sure looks legal to me. Since ST isn't a national class (not yet,
anyway), I wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on the legality of
fooling with camshaft timing via ECU mods, however.

Jay

Jay