Re: Rules Questions

To: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>, Patrick Maddy <pmaddy@issiinc.com>
Subject: Re: Rules Questions
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:29:38 -0800 (PST)
According to the rule:  "Engine management computer or
ECU may be altered provided that all modifications are
performed within the original housing."  So replacing
a chip would be legal but piggybacking a black box
onto the wiring harness would not.

The SP rules say that only computer mods for which an
equivalent mechanical allowance exists are allowed, so
VTEC controllers would be illegal in SP.  But, the ST
allowances are in *addition* to SP...looks to me like
a loophole to be closed here...

Craig Blome