Re: What happened to Stock Class?

To: Jeff_Cashmore@firstar.com
Subject: Re: What happened to Stock Class?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 22:52:37 -0600
Jeff "stirring the pot" Cashmore wrote:

> When thousands of cars need to be classed in only nine stock classes
> chances are some of them might not be competative.  Some cars get
> forgotten about when no one sees many of them running (12a Rx7's in CS?
> 63-82 Corvettes all in AS?).  Does someone want to remind us all of the
> definition
> of "best of breed"?

Here's a thought that maybe some of the old timers can comment on.
(I've only been at this game for a wee bit)  Are the stock classes
closer together overall now than in the past?  I'm referring to the
comment that was made about DS, ES, GS, and HS all being so close in
performance.  Could that be partly because your average non so called
sports car is a much better and more capable vehicle now as compared
days past?  I am sometimes amazed at how close seemingly different cars
can be in performance.  It seems like perhaps the evolutionary process
of continued classing has simply seen the best of each bunch actually
get closer together as cars continue to get better.  In other words,
have the average "grocery getter" cars in these classes gotten so much
better overall that they now seem to be very close to each other?  Not a
very clear one, but it *is* a thought.

PLW