Re: Charity Events

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Charity Events
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:48:26 -0500
Here's another thought that crossed my mind, particularly for those of you
who run at high schools or colleges.  With such a collection of good,
experienced high performance drivers, why not offer students at the school a
chance to either take rides, or even better, a small driving skills program.
With a few volunteer instructors and a bunch of cones you already have, you
can use the same parking lot to set up exercises - threshold braking, lane
change, skidpad, etc.  It would be a nice public relations thing, I think,
and it would demonstrate to school administrators that we really are serious
about our driving, not just making up excuses to burn doughnuts in their
parking lots.  Maybe you can even get a break on rental fees if you throw
this into the package.  Just a random thought.

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus" ST
      83 320i "Igor" temporarily out of commission :(