Charity events

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Charity events
From: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 23:48:53 -0500
Like many regions at this time of year we hold an event to benefit a local
charity.  In some preliminary planning, I brought up the idea of how to
get people to dig deeper into their pockets.  My thought was a way to pay
more to get a better chance.  The idea came from a charity golf tournament
my brother was in.  You could buy unlimited mulligans for $5.  He and his
partner shot 17 under by spending about $100 for mulligans.

I thought about charging for individual runs or pay for cone insurance.
Anybody else ever try anything like this?  Any ideas as to things to try?

I guess I should note that this is usually our last event of the season
and is not a points event.

thanks,
glen

Glen E. Thompson