Re: STU News!

To: ba-f-body@lt1.f-body.org
Subject: Re: STU News!
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:24:07 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> Yes, that means Mustangs, Camaros, et. al. are now allowed in The Class
>Formally
> Known As STU. Yes, you can change camshafts, and yes, bolt-in subframe
> connectors ARE ALLOWED. And there was much rejoicing!

What good are bolt-in SFCs?  They're worthless, especially to those of us
who have welded-in ones.  I think the rule needs to allow for welded in
ones, or it isn't gonna really help anybody.

There are VERY few bolt-in SFCs for f-bodies, and I wouldn't use 'em if
there were more.  All you end up with them are elongated bolt holes where
the SFCs mounted.

Rob
(who was getting ready to make his formerly ESP Camaro an SM car)
hmph